congrats :)

Element public forum
Niduyam
Element Member

Re: congrats :)

Post by Niduyam »

Well, the leveling experience is a lot better than TBC's, they really spent a lot more resources here. Unfortunatly, those resources came out of raiding so for six months, the only content available was rehashed Naxxramas and two new bosses - all of which we had cleared within the first two weeks of the expansion - more Black Temple styled waiting.

There's plenty to do at 80, whether you'll enjoy it is another matter. You've got your millions of dailies, heroics and imbalanced PvP going on. The dungeons are nice, some look amazing - they're pretty easy though. It's seemingly impossible to wipe in a lot of them even with PuGs.
America: putting the 'oops' into 'troops'.

Accident, Musclestache
Starkad
Element Member

Post by Starkad »

ok good news about levelling, tbc kinda sucked (it was cool at 1st, but then it really stopped being cool).
I'm a bit worried about the "they're pretty easy though" part.
as for what blizz did to raiding - yeah, I've read about the raiding stagnation (had to do something at work :) ) right after WotLK came out, it looked bad indeed.

allright, many thanks for the insight. you haven't convinced me entirely, but you also haven't discouraged me :) I was actually expecting the "no, it sucks, there's nothing to do" quote :)
there's the 2nd part of King's Bounty getting released in Poland like tomorrow or the day after, I should be done with that game (and know it inside out) in like 2-3 weeks top, then I'll possibly give WoW a try.

Thanks again

if anyone else has any insight / wants to add something, you're more than welcome, I'd appreciate any comment on this (this will probably give Hummel some ideas, but we'll see :D )
Sparkfist
Council

Post by Sparkfist »

Renewing your account just in order to level to 80 could be worth it. About 5-mans, nearly everyone does the daily heroic every day. It gives 2 badges, you get 10-20 from the raid instance and you need around 400 in total to buy everything you want. I don't think anybody enjoys it too much, apart from few who do it on 4 alts every day, because heroics felt kinda stale after 3 months after the release already. So I wouldn't guarantee you're going to enjoy the part after hitting 80 for very long. If you're not PvP'ing or raiding, WoW doesn't have that much to offer in the long run. There are few people online during non-raid hours - barely enough to do two 5-man groups.
''It's a friendly face from the country that gave you friendly fire.''
Starkad
Element Member

Post by Starkad »

hi Spark
thanks for the info. so the levelling experience is actually fun from what I've read here. sounds interesting. as for heroics - can I do them right after dinging 80, or do I need rep for that?
I see the badge farming got even worse than the last time I've seen it :)
ok I can always level up Starkad, get bored, check out the DK class, get bored afterwards and see what to do next :) should take some time anyway

I've seen news about the Cataclysm, it does sound good from one side, but then it also looks like lots of re-used "new" content again (probably MC, BWL etc + something new). still its probably months before it hits.

ok so here's my next question - if I decide to buy WotLK and log on, does the guild have anything against inviting me on "retired" status, or do we pretty much throw rocks at each other on sight? :) would be nice to chat with you guys sometimes in different form than whispers, and then I don't want anything apart from hooking up again with the people I know. as for now I don't plan on raiding, just for your information.
Sparkfist
Council

Post by Sparkfist »

There's a Social rank in the guild as of ... 3 months ago I think, and there are a few people playing casually. As for throwing rocks at people - we ran out of those, so the only thing you can expect heading your way is a greasy meatball (m8) from Barumunk. You'd have to ask one of the council about an invite though.
''It's a friendly face from the country that gave you friendly fire.''
Starkad
Element Member

Post by Starkad »

ah ok, I remember folks like in my case (or similar) were caller "retired" or something. anyway, good to know there's an option.
so baru's still around with his meatballs m8 huh? :D some things never change :)

since King's Bounty is seriously postponed (to mid October or so - sucks, its a Russian game, prolly already localized for English, but you can only buy the PL version, which is still in translation) I might actually show up a bit earlier, right after I sort out some urgent stuff irl.

so who's the council now? I guess stejo, lassa and jay are still there. yia still around? any changes here since last year?

btw do you guys still do the social kara (I guess its naxx now) for dummies on friday nights? would be nice to tag along when I hit 80

anyway, many thanks to both you spark and nid for the answers, much appreciated
Krzyk
Element Member

Post by Krzyk »

who is who :P
http://eu.wowarmory.com/guild-info.xml? ... &n=Element
rank 1 Council
rank 2 Officer
rank 3 Raider
rank 4 Social
rank 5 Alt
rank 6 stfu etc ...

K.
Starkad
Element Member

Post by Starkad »

ok cheers :)
I'm kinda outdated on useful links. a year takes its toll :)

I see you still keep to the pink tabard :D

and the surprise of the day is stejo in IS on silvermoon, like...what the fuck? does he still hang around here or he's completely vanished?
Zii
Element Member

Post by Zii »

Hes still around on his dk and helps out from time to time.
Starkad
Element Member

Post by Starkad »

ah ok, that's cool

anyway - I've just bought the expansion, now its the looooooong installation process, setting it up etc, getting addons and crap, will take a while. I guess I'll talk to you guys ingame then, maybe today, if not - tomorrow it is :)