Joana - Paladin - Kul Tiras

Old Applications, accepted or declined...
Joana

Joana - Paladin - Kul Tiras

Post by Joana »

Name of your character: Joana
Class: Paladin
TalentSpec: Prot main / Holy off
Race: Human
Your Professions (and level): Jewel crafter and Blacksmith 450/450 - Fishing+cooking+first aid 450/450
Realm: Kul Tiras
Your Age: 19
Country (timezone): UK (GMT)
Previous guild(s): Band of Friends, my first social guild where I made my initial group of friends on Wow. I then moved to Dreamers, which was my attempt at starting my own raiding guild with some close friends. I fell addict to raiding and hence moved to Azeroth Alliance, my first official raiding guild and have been raiding there since.

Why you left them or want to leave them: I am currently still with them, however, the guild just recently got demoted to a social status due to our recent loss of people, and therefore lack of people online regularly to raid with. As much as it saddens me to leave my home I wish to join another guild so that I can continue raiding.

Why do you want to join Element: I have had much respect for Element for a long time. At the moment I am a highly skilled player in a guild with only a handful of players who share my skill and love for raiding. I have wished for a long time to be in a guild where we are all high level, mature players of equal skill and share enthusiasm for raiding. This does not mean I can’t have a laugh, I am a social person when not raiding, but I take raids very seriously and always give 110% effort and concentration.

From where do you know Element: I first heard of Element back in TBC during their raids on Horde cities :), since then I have followed their achievements and progress through WotLK.

Times you can NOT play: For the last year or so I have been online 14+ hours a day, I am a Wow addict. In my current raiding guild I have 100% attendance to raids excluding the 3 weeks where I took holiday to travel around Europe. If I have holidays approaching where I will be away you will know in advance via posts through the forum or similar. I currently am a student at University and so there will be the occasional night that I should take off, but I will keep these to a minimum.

For how long you already play WoW: I purchased the game in June 2008 and have been playing it non-stop ever since. That may not sound like a long period of time but I can assure you I put more play time into this game than many others and I have a very strong understanding of the game.

For how long you play the character you apply with. 100 days 14 hours Total, 73 days 10 hours at level 80.

Raiding Experience: Wotlk: Naxx 10/25, OS 10/25 (+2D), Maly 10/25, VoA 10/25 and Ulduar 10man cleared (13/14), and also have managed several hard modes in Ulduar 10man, but few in 25man - 25man progress 12/14. TotC 10man normal cleared, 25man normal 2/5. During TBC my main focus was heroics as I was relatively new to the game. I completed a few raids e.g. Kara and Grull but I was not in a raiding guild of any sort. I have since gone back to the past and cleared many of the old raids for fun and experience.

Attunements: I’m attuned to BWL, Molten core and I have the key to Kara, although most attunements have been taken out of the game now.

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... as&n=Joana

Optional things you want to tell us: for example alternative gear, alts, ...
I will cover the most important thing first, and that is, I am making this application as a joint application with a friend, Teilathan. We are currently both in Azeroth Alliance and we are at the top. We have both been promoted to leaders of our respective classes due to our skills, knowledge and activeness in the game. We have been and always will be in the same guild, so I wanted to clarify this point that we come together or not at all. This does not mean that we have to be in the same raids all the time by any means, we only wish to be together in the same guild so we are able to share the game and progress together. We are submitting separate applications though, and will wait patiently for responses to both.

For gear, you will see my main spec on the armory. I currently have full 219, 226 and some 232 items for my holy gear. I currently have 3 holy sets that I am working on, however this is the main set I use. I have collected Ret gear although this is the least geared and least experienced of my 3 specs. I have a full set but most items are around ~200-213 level only, but I am happy to work on this if it is required. For my main spec I have 3 gear sets. One is mainly geared at stamina, one for avoidance and one for block (which I mainly use for lower level/difficulty content). I also have full frost resist gear, and have several T8 tokens sitting in my bank collecting dust which I have yet to cash in because I consider my current gear to be superior.

For alts, I have 5 level 80 characters. I will only cover my mage, (Krystina - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Krystina), who is my highest geared alt. She is currently wearing 4 parts T8 and I love to play her aswell, and do some quite nice dps :). Also have a hunter, DK and warrior at level 80.

I have spent countless hours theory crafting and playing with specs, gear, gems and enchants for all my characters. They are not currently perfect but they will get there :). My knowledge in this game runs very deep and I consider myself to know most facts about most classes (as I have one character of each class). I hope you will consider my very long (yes, I’m sorry) application, aswell as my closest friend Teilathan’s. If there is anything else you want to know about me you can send me a whisper, in-game mail, or to my email address and I will answer any questions you may have. Thanks for your time :)
soulstalker
Council

Re: Joana - Paladin - Kul Tiras

Post by soulstalker »

wait a while app read and wil look into it in a few days while other tank trialists are assesed
Joana

Post by Joana »

Updating my play times ~ my first semester I am at Uni until 9pm on Wednesdays generally, therefore not able to raid this day unless you want me around ~22:20st, where then I can play until late whatever time is needed. All other days including weekends I am free. I am doing my best to get Wednesday changed aswell to a different day, or to a morning, but it is dependent on other people in my course and not in my control. This may influence your final decision, however, if you decide to take me on as a trialist to test me you will not be disappointed.
Joana

Post by Joana »

To Element,
Regarding our applications, we were wondering what sort of decisions you had come to. We were told to wait a week while you were accessing trialists and we have done so. It’s now been nearly two weeks since we last heard from you. As we wish to be loyal to one guild we have not sent out applications to any other guilds as of yet and so have been waiting entirely on your responses. Our current guild Azeroth Alliance has now completely disbanded and we are without any sort of guild or raids. Therefore we would be grateful if you could contact us soon and inform us with the situation of our application, or of any thoughts / questions you may have regarding us so that we may know what we are to do.
Niduyam
Element Member

Post by Niduyam »

Hey, sorry for the very long wait, had some unexpected events causing us to take longer to decide than normal.

Anyways, while both of your applications are very, very good, there are several issues. Firstly, being unable to be here on time for Wednesdays is a big problem for us, as it is either our farm or progress night where consistent tanks are pretty much requirements. Secondly, while we do have room for a Protection Paladin, we cannot fit another Hunter into our raiding squad. Since both of you are applying together, I would assume that would be a problem since you two want to stick together. So for now, I'm afraid we're going to have to decline your applications.

We wish you the best of luck with further applications, though you shouldn't have much trouble getting into a guild.
America: putting the 'oops' into 'troops'.

Accident, Musclestache