Nimbrethil - Druid - Kul Tiras

Old Applications, accepted or declined...
Looria
Element Member

Re: Nimbrethil - Druid - Kul Tiras

Post by Looria »

Thats a good question.
I guess I usually do get DIs.
But if You dont, there is easy way to get to 2005 Haste from the point You are now.
You will loose some SP and mana reg, but gain haste. Its always something for something :p

Get libram from last boss in VP heroic.
Get offhand from JPs.
Buy T11 boomkin pants (they are way better then t11 resto pants..)
Then if You get lucky to get shoulders from Omnitron defense system.

In worst case You can get rid of 130 sp on bracers and replace it with 50 haste.
I know..in that case LW would be complete waste...but its one of the ways to go :p

Regards,
Loo
Nimbrethil

Post by Nimbrethil »

Well, last night I think I saw 3 warlocks in Elements raid so, for the moment, I think I'll settle with the haste I got :-)

Thanks for the advice

Nimb
Silic
Council

Post by Silic »

Sorry for another late ish response,

I have come back from a few issues regarding home / wowbanlol and ive taken another look at this application (besides the glance to say the officers are looking into things)

Just a few things about your application thats caught my eye ;)
which meant that 7-10 people were benched. So the officers and GM burned out, and after some time decided to make a core 10man group, that did not include me.
Why was you left out of the main group?

also secondly, i noticed on a old application from wowrush rushers you said
I am, looking for a guild that is social, serious about raiding, but God forbid, non Hard Core
We do not class ourselves as hardcore as in 7 nights a week raiding but we do 3 nights a week and expect the playstyle of a hardcore raider (due to we do not have the time to force encounters) so realise what you may be getting yourself into here.

In addition to this.. I have a few questions that I wouldn't mind getting the answers from, so how do you deal with for instance:
  • 1- Long raid nights where you may be wiping on progression for 4 or 5 hours? (we have been known to go on a hour or 2 past normal raid end time to get certain kills on bosses)
    2- Possible constructive criticism (and I use those words lightly) to improve your play style?
    3- How do you react with people in the way of friendly banter? (e.g Can you take getting ripped for doing something wrong, but still understand that it is just having a laugh?)
finally More importantly...
  • 4- do you understand the consequences of your mistakes during a boss encounter and actively admit to your failure, and seek improvement if needed?
Cheers
Silic
Nimbrethil

Post by Nimbrethil »

/deep tauren voice "I have been expecting you"

Thank you Silic for looking into my application! Let me try and answer to your questions. Some points of it were rather short and dry.
Why was you left out of the main group?
I would like to think that it was not because of my performance. No one ever told me so. Actually it was not a "main" group. Rather a group of more closely related and befriended players. They just enjoyed each others company more, and they had to make a hard decision in order to enjoy the game in their own terms. They tried including all of the rest of us by way of rotation, but this had the result of not raiding with their closest friends that much. All that was happening from the beginning of Cataclysm up to now.
[We] expect the playstyle of a hardcore raider
That's what I call serious about raiding. I said hardcore only in reference of time. 3 times a week is great. I cannot do more than that.
1- Long raid nights where you may be wiping on progression for 4 or 5 hours? (we have been known to go on a hour or 2 past normal raid end time to get certain kills on bosses)
Learning by way of wiping is the name of the game for me. If the RL believes that extending the duration of the raid will result in something good, I will follow.
2- Possible constructive criticism (and I use those words lightly) to improve your play style?
I expect it.
3- How do you react with people in the way of friendly banter? (e.g Can you take getting ripped for doing something wrong, but still understand that it is just having a laugh?)
Well, sex is out of the question before the 3rd date.
4- do you understand the consequences of your mistakes during a boss encounter and actively admit to your failure, and seek improvement if needed?
I understand that the best performance (or relative lack of mistakes) of 25 people has to be aligned in order to get a new kill. Mistakes have to be corrected, but the rhythm of an encounter has to be learned and performed almost instinctively for it to work. My personal improvement is the key, but the teams perfection just makes me horny :lol:

Regards

Nimbrethil
Tripled
Guild Dick

Post by Tripled »

*Dick mode on*

Declined, Sex is expected on the first date!!!!!

*Dick mode off*

Good luck this has been highly amusing to watch ^^
Nimbrethil

Post by Nimbrethil »

Happy to please you Trip!

After all, I am a professional entertainer :-)

Nimb
Niduyam
Element Member

Post by Niduyam »

You still have time to delete that post before Tripled reads it!
America: putting the 'oops' into 'troops'.

Accident, Musclestache
Quickdeath
Element Member

Post by Quickdeath »

Nimbrethil wrote:Happy to please you Trip!

After all, I am a professional entertainer :-)

Nimb
Niduyam wrote:You still have time to delete that post before Tripled reads it!
come on nid , would Trip ever get high on a female night elf druid that is played by a male Greek player ? OH SNAP

on topic :
Efflorescence can be really great for raid healing if used correctly .. that's the reason it's getting nerfed on 4.1
imho drop 2 points on Nature's Bounty and get an extra point on Furor and Nature's Swiftness (make a Stop casting - NS - HT macro)
as for haste cap, you'll eventually get to 2005 , dropping 130 int for 50 haste would not be that optimal
and don't listen too much on Looria , he is overreacting :D
Looria
Element Member

Post by Looria »

Actually if that 50 haste would mean he gets 9th WG tick, then it would increase his healing way more, then 130 intel. As I said, its one of the options, though not perfect one. But since he might be getting DIs from locks, its not really worth goin for.

In addition, dropping two points in NB, would take him to 30 TPs in resto and...well u know what that means :p

However, since your highest healing spell is rejuvenation, I guess goin for Blessing of the Grove is a must.
And personally Id drop Furor and go for Genesis, that will increase Your throughput (not like You will have mana issues in 25 men).

Peace
Niduyam
Element Member

Post by Niduyam »

Ignissads wrote:I dont know that much about resto druid gearing, but why would you go with the 25 SP 2 INT meta gem over Insightful Earthsiege Diamond? The mana restore proc from that gem gives you something like 65 mp5. Even for holy paladins, Insightful is still better than 2 INT until you get over something like 4000 intellect unbuffed, so I cant see why it would be better for druids.

Are you working at getting your professions levelled? In particular, you especially need to either get your inscription levelled high enough to get the shoulder enchants or get your Hodir rep to exalted.
You're some sort of big, fat, smart-bug, aren't you?
America: putting the 'oops' into 'troops'.

Accident, Musclestache