Millmann, Rogue, Emerald Dream

Old Applications, accepted or declined...
Brox

Millmann, Rogue, Emerald Dream

Post by Brox »

To whom it may concern

I post this application following a discussion with Stejo. I understand that you are looking for a rogue and I therefore post this application for TBC and WOTLK and beyond.

I have tried to keep my application to your required standard but have gone into a little more detail in places. Hope it isn't too painful to read.

Name of your character:

Millmann

Class:

Rogue

TalentSpec:

21/41/0

Combat swords. Currently top dps spec, however keeping an eye on patch for WOTLK talents where Mutilate may be top. Don't mind repseccing at all.

Currently on PTR, but the lag around the test dummies renders any real DPS testing pointless.

Race:

Human (dull I know)

Your Professions (and level):

Enchating - 375
Herbalism - 375

I levelled enchanting just for the ring enchants (and enchanting is a bastard to level from scratch). I have all the mats to get LW to 375, however with the change to drums coming up I am putting it on hold for the time being.

Realm:

Emerald Dream

Your Age:

Country (timezone):

UK, GMT.

Previous guild(s): and Why you left them or want to leave them:

Spent time in a levelling guild, but have only been in three raid guilds

1) Justice, Alonsus server (2nd most progressed guild at the time)

Disbanded. The GM left the game to build a house (vey random I know) and things fell apart after that as we lost vent/website etc.

Was a very sad day when it was disbanded. We all parted on good terms as we had a good laugh and I am still in contact with a few that used to play.

2) Tenacity, BDF server (joint top progressed guild)

Stopped Raiding. The GM/Officers are all part of the AoC devopment team and went AWOL before the release of this game which disrupted progress and led to a few key people leaving. Another reason to dislike AoC (horrible horrible game).

3) Asylum, Emerald Dream server.

Current Guild. Currently occupying a 'friend status' until I transfer. I originally went to retired / friend status as I intended to transfer to a PVP realm following the change in the PCT rules. A few friends that were intending to transfer with me have recently quit the game so I see this as the best time to move on and find a solid guild to call my home for WOTLK and beyond.

Why do you want to join Element:

The main priority for me is a social guild with members who enjoy themselves inside and outside of raiding. I like a focused but relaxed raid environment (hardcore raiding attitude without the twat-ish-ness that sometimes goes with it) where people can act and behave like adults and overcome encounters with intelligence and not shouting. I like a mature atmosphere free from leet speak.

I would like a guild that takes raiding new content as seriously as I do, but also can have a good laugh will doing it as I have a bit of a twisted sense of humour.

I enjoyed reading your 'Welcome to Element' section as it stated many things that I would look for in a guild.

From where do you know Element:

Searches on various sites, e.g. wowjutsu

Times you can NOT play:

I understand that raids start at 7.30pm server time. Unfortunately, due to work and a UK time zone, I normally can only start raids 8pm server time (7.45pm at the earliest). I know that his may pose a problem, however, I will ensure that I am outside the designated instance the night before, repaired and with all consumables.

All times in server time:

Monday-Thursday - 8pm - 24.00 or later
Friday - my good lady usually requests my company and I oblige
Saturday - available all day, but tend to also spend time with the "ball and chain" during this evening/night.
Sunday - 7pm - 24.00.

Out of the 5 raid nights I do not see a problem maintaining 75%/80% attendance as specified in your requirement post (4 raids a week).

For how long you already play WoW:

Over 2 years now.

For how long you play the character you apply with:

On last check it was over 110 days.

Raiding Experience:

Mount Hyjal - 5/5 full farm
Black Temple - 9/9 full farm
SWP - 3/6 and know the Twins fight but unfortunatly doing that fight with only one active shaman and 3-4 people with lag doesn't lead to a kill.

Was a member on all progress raids and know the fights inside out. Can kick on ROS etc without spazzing out, enjoy getting Teron ghosts and can kite the felmyst beam with no problems.

Attunements:

All.

Armory Link:

In PVE gear.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Millmann

Have full shadow resistance, and other random resistance gear that I have collected/purchased along the way.

Gear Choice - My gear is the best it can be given the drops I have seen with the DKP I have at the time. I am always planning what gear to get next to be of most use in raids and use the rogueradical DPS spreasheet to plan upgrades etc. I understand that I will be a bit behind your rogues in terms of gear/DPS but that will not stop me getting RSI spamming Sinister Strike trying to keep up until the upgrades drop.

Optional things you want to tell us: for example alternativ gear, alts, ...

I have a small number of alts-

Druid, 70, Alliance, Resto - mainly to have a complimentary character for Millmann, profession wise etc.
Warlock, 70, Horde RPPVP - my roleplaying ganking pvp character
(Various alts between 40-65)

I do not spend that long on my alts as I prefer to play my main and improve it any way I can.

Connection -

Virgin, 20meg broadband. Changed from AOL as my MS during raids was just terrible. Although, I am quite disgusted with Virgin's "customer care" I have not been DC'd once and keep around 100-150ms during raids, which is workable.

PC -

Purchased a PC from Mesh as my FPS in raids was also quite terrible, (doing boss fights with 5 FPS isn't fun). I am not really into my technical IT jargon, but I believe it has 4x1024MB of RAM, Intel QUAD core, 8800GT graphics card, 22 inch wide screen monitor.

Playing on this new PC has been a dream come true, have everything up on maximum and my FPS never goes below 40ish during intensive splash-effect fights (except the first splash by Illidan, but so does everyone!). It even handled the head ache inducing colour of the Twins room and numerous crap the flies about there.

UI -

Standard Blizz UI, I like to keep it simple. I have things I do not need to consult as often bottom right (Omen,SWS, and longer DBM bars) and things I need instantly just to the top left of my player (Class timer, incoming DBM bars, combo points). I am a fan of add ons that only aid raid performance.

I play this game to clear everything that PVE in this game has to offer in a progressive manner and my future aims is to continue this in all expansion.

I am a bit of a lore-geek and I love the Arthas backstory so would love to see the encounter in the expansion (same goes for future expansions). So hope Element share that ambition. I am in this for the long term. For me, raiding is about a challenge, loot is only a means to progress, but new challenging content is my motivation for playing. My main enjoyment comes from the interaction with the people that play and having a laugh along the way. I can't seen myself raiding with any other class and nothing I have seen in WOTLK will deter me from this. In fact, I am quite liking the changes and the PVE implcations for the rogue class. Enjoy the fact that the rogue class requires you to think on your feet and constantly move to adjust to changing situations.
Stejo
Element Member

Re: Millmann, Rogue, Emerald Dream

Post by Stejo »

Thank you for your interest in Element. Unfortunately your available raid times conflict with our raiding schedule as you already know. Good luck in further applications.
You've fallen into a sarchasm. It's the gap between a comment being sarcastic, and you picking up on it.